Post-Sixth National Bioethics Conference Event Clinical Ethics Workshop for Faculty of Medical Colleges, Pune
- Forum for Medical Ethics Society (FMES), Mumbai in collaboration with
- Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical College (BVUMC), Pune
- Dr Saoji Vivek, Dean, BVUMC; and
- Dr Shivkumar Iyer, Head, Critical Care Unit, BVUMC,
Date and Time: January 16, 2017, 10 am – 5 pm.
Goal: To enable participants to identify and apply the methods of ethical reasoning to situations in clinical care settings.
- To learn to use ethical reasoning to meet the challenges and dilemmas faced by health care professionals in their practice in clinical care settings.
- To become aware of the existing ethics codes for health care professionals in clinical care settings and national and international publication ethics norms and guidance
Adult learning, interactive method, skill building through ethics case studies, short video/film viewing; and short, focused presentations
- Dr Aamir Jafarey, Centre of Bio-Medical Ethics and Culture, Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation, Karachi, Pakistan
- Dr Farhat Moazam, Centre of Bio-Medical Ethics and Culture, Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation, Karachi, Pakistan
- Dr Nida Bashir, Centre of Bio-Medical Ethics and Culture, Sindh Institute of Urology and Transplantation, Karachi, Pakistan,
- Dr Alastair Campbell, Visiting Professor in Medical Ethics and Emeritus Director, Centre for Biomedical Ethics, National University of Singapore, Singapore,
- Dr Olinda Timms, Adjunct Professor, St John’s Research Institute, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India;
- Dr Amar Jesani, Editor-in-Chief, IJME, Mumbai; and
- Dr Sunita VS Bandewar, Secretary, FMES.
Course participants: Workshop participants came from three medical colleges – BVUMC, B J Medical Government College, and Smt Kashibai Navale Medical College in Pune. About 20 faculty members participated in the workshop.