Workshop: Learning the science of peer reviewing as a publishing ethics obligation
Organizers: Forum for Medical Ethics Society and Indian Journal of Medical Ethics
Date and Time: June 3 and 4, 2017 | 10 am – 6 pm
Venue: University of Mumbai, Kalina campus,
- To appreciating the significance of peer review to scientific publishing and publication ethics in health, social sciences, and law;
- To share insights into types of peer review and best practices in peer review; and
- To increase awareness of peer review guidelines and its importance for decision making in journal publication.
- Dr Peush Sahni, Editor, National Medical Journal of India, and Editorial Board member of IJME;
- Dr Mala Ramanathan. Working Editor, IJME and Professor, Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies (AMCHSS), Thiruvananthapuram;
- Advocates Veena Johari;
- Monica Sakhrani, Human Rights activists;
- Dr Vijayaprasad Gopichandran, Working Editor, IJME and Assistant Professor, Department of Community Health, ESIC Medical College, Chennai; and
- Dr Sunita VS Bandewar, Sr Public Health Researcher, and General Secretary, FMES.
Course participants: Health researchers from NGOs and academic institutes and post graduate students from academic institutes in Mumbai and Pune