Workshop on ‘Public health ethics case studies’
Organizers: AMCHSS in collaboration with the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, Forum for Medical Ethics Society.
Dates and Time: March 26-27, 2018 | Full day
Venue: AMCHSS Seminar Hall, Thiruvananthapuram
Lead: Dr Mala Ramanathan, AMCHSS, Thiruvananthapuram
- Prof Angus Dawson, Professor of Bioethics and Director, Sydney Health Ethics School of Public Health at the University of Sydney
- Dr Amar Jesani, Editor, Indian Journal of Medical Ethics
- Dr V Raman Kutty, Professor and Head, AMCHSS
- Dr Rakhi Ghoshal, Working Editors of the Indian Journal of Medical Ethics, were resource persons.
- Dr Mala Ramanathan, AMCHSS, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dr Ravi Prasad Varma, AMCHSS, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dr Manickam P, SCTIMST-IEC Member and Faculty, National Institute of Epidemiology, Chennai
- Dr Vijayaprasad Gopichandran, Assistant Professor, Community Medicine at ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR, Chennai
Participants: There were 16 participants, including PhD students from AMCHSS and others from the State Health Systems Resource Centre, Government of Kerala, who presented 19 case studies on public health research and practice.